Monday, July 26, 2010

Building a PC for under 200$

When I was in High School, mind you - I graduated in 2003, a computer for 200$ was far far away. You could get a name-brand CD burner for 200$ but that was about it. I think 500$ at that time was pretty reasonable for a P III 500mhz up to maybe P4 2GHZ the whole span of those 4 years.

Gaming Rigs at those times were 1K-4K depending on how cutting edge you wanted to go. The lower end gaming rigs at that time were around 800-900$ mids were in the 900$-1000$ range.

Over the last 7 almost 8 years since I've graduated I've built rigs for people on and off that have been consistently going down in price. I've actually priced out some low-end gaming rigs for around 300$, not including Monitor/keyboard/mouse.

I find mid-level gaming rigs to reach from about 400-700$ and High End still 800$+.
Systems that do not need this kind of speed and such are easily in the 200$ range.

I found this link today and thought I would share it with you :)

http://www.extremetech.com/

No comments: