Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sipie

Sipie - what can I say? Sirius radio via terminal woot woot.

I've done a few installs of this product, and it seems at a stand still. You can use gui with it if you install the correct packages. I've found that you get differing results amongst the installs.

Ubuntu 9.04 - just install requirements and get python2.4 & python2.5 - make sure you grab the older beautifulstonesoup and stick it in sipie's directory it totally hates the new one.

$> sudo apt-get install mplayer python-setuptools python-wxgtk2.6 subversion
$> svn co https://sipie.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sipie sipie
$> cd sipie/

~~~ Install it ~~~~

$> wget http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/download/3.x/BeautifulSoup-3.0.7.tar.gz
$> tar zxvf BeautifulSoup-3.0.7.tar.gz
$> cd BeautifulSoup-3.0.7/
$> cp BeautifulSoup.* ~/sipie/

Ideal way to execute this is probably insert something into your .bashrc .

echo 'alias sipie="python2.4 /home/$USER/sipie/sipie.py"' >> /home/$USER/.bashrc

$>sipie octane

Notes:

**** Fedora 10 - I almost got this to work perfectly with updating my system and installing system requirements.

This will require: rpmfusion/forge for non-free software.

**** Python 2.6 & 3.0 seem to just hate this app btw so I wouldnt bother. I installed as far back as 2.3 aswell, but 2.4 seemed best.

No comments: